What is DHTML? What are the features of DHTML?
Features of DHTML:
1. Simplest feature is making the page dynamic.
2. Can be used to create animations, games, applications, provide new ways of navigating through web sites.
3. DHTML use low-bandwidth effect which enhance web page functionality.
4. Dynamic building of web pages is simple as no plug-in is required.
5. Facilitates the usage of events, methods and properties and code reuse.
What components have been released by ubuntu for their for their cloud strategy?
Ubuntu till date has released three components, they are named as :
- Ubuntu Server Edition on Amazon EC2 (IaaS)
- Ubuntu enterprise cloud powered by Eucalyptus (IaaS)
The first two components are targeted for the infrastructure layer of the computer stack. And UbuntuOne is meant for the software layer also known as Software as a service (SaaS).
What do you understand by MapReduce?
MapReduce is a software framework that was created by Google. It`s prime focus was to aid in distributed computing, specifically large sets of data on a group of many computers. The frameworks took its inspiration from the map and reduce functions from functional programming.
What are the different components used in AWS?
The components that are used in AWS are:
1. Amazon S3: it is used to retrieve input data sets that are involved in making a cloud architecture and also used to store the output data sets that is the result of the input.
2. Amazon SQS: it is used for buffering requests that is received by the controller of the Amazon. It is the component that is used for communication between different controllers.
3. Amazon SimpleDB: it is used to store intermediate status log and the tasks that are performed by the user/
4. Amazon EC2: it is used to run a large distributed processing on the Hadoop cluster. It provides automatic parallelization and job scheduling.
What is the use of defining cloud architecture?
Cloud architecture is a software application that uses on demand services and access pool of resources from the cloud. Cloud architecture act as a platform on which the applications are built. It provides the complete computing infrastructure and provides the resources only when it is required. It is used to elastically scale up or down the resources according to the job that is being performed.
What is Hypervisor in Cloud Computing and its types?
The hypervisor is a virtual machine monitor (VMM) that manages resources for virtual machines. The name hypervisor is suggested as it is a supervisory tool for the virtual machines.
There are mainly two types of hypervisors :
• Type-1: the guest Vm runs directly over the host hardware, e.g Xen, Hyper-V, VmWare ESXi
• Type-2: the guest Vm runs over hardware through a host OS, e.g Kvm, Oracle virtualbox
How does cloud computing provides on-demand functionality?
Cloud computing is a metaphor used for internet. It provides on-demand access to virtualized IT resources that can be shared by others or subscribed by you. It provides an easy way to provide configurable resources by taking it from a shared pool. The pool consists of networks, servers, storage, applications and services.
What is the main purpose of Oracle Real Application Clusters (RAC)?
- Oracle Real Application (RAC) provides the interaction of executable file with the Oracle database.
- It allows the running of any packaged or custom built application with the Oracle database that is running on a server pool.
- It provides very high level of availability, flexibility and scalability to run the application and store it to the database.
- It creates the database such that if the pool fails then the database is continued to run from the remaining servers and the load can be distributed.
- It makes it easier for the administrator to maintain many servers at the same time by load-balancing techniques and providing provision to add more and more servers when the load increases.
What is Oracle Apps (ERP)?
ERP stands for Enterprise Resource Planning. A product of Oracle India Pvt. Ltd. As the name suggests Enterprise Resource Planning. Enterprise means a firm/organization. Resource means available source of wealth in firm and Planning means how you can maintain day to day resource. Hence in short to facilitate big businesses, companies Oracle Corporation have created huge software known in the category of ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) as Oracle Applications.
What are cycles of GL, AP, and AR?
In general, GL AP and AR consist of:
Structure Phase - Defines the process flows and configuration for the system and Conduct business process and data mapping workshops.
Construct Phase - Contains all of the configuration activities
Transition Phase - Executes system test
Deploy Phase - Migrates database to customer environment